Well unless you were hiding in a dark cave you would have seen that love is in the air, yes I’m talking about Valentine’s Day. The sun was shining and the birds were singling their love songs. Strolling to my local supermarket today allowed me to reflect on the concept of Valentines day and the celebration of love from a slightly different angle.
Love – ‘All you need is Love’ is in my opinion the basis of all human existence, but as I watched countless people – mostly men – reaching in among the rows of pre-prepared bunches of red roses, holding boxes of chocolates and for some lucky person a bottle of champagne, I asked myself what does it truly mean? To love? To be loved? These question sprung to mind but within all this frenzy toward conformity I asked the bigger question, ‘How many people actually take the time to love themselves’?
When I say ‘love oneself’ I don’t mean it from a vain or egotistically point of view, I mean Self Love. When was the last time you took the time to truly love yourself?
Our health is our wealth and without a good well balanced, mind, body and soul our body will start to slowly break down.
So isn’t it time you showed the gift of love to yourself, not just on Valentine’s day but every day?
Here are a few examples of how you can implement Self Love today:-
- Take a brisk walk to the shops instead of taking the car – Your heart will be racing with excitement.
- Eat extra fruit and veg – Your digestion will be tied up in knots with joy.
- Soak in a hot Epsom salt bath once a week – Your immune system will melt with the warmth of your care.
- Sit quietly for about 10-15 minutes a day – Your brain will love you for it.
- Challenge yourself and take up a new hobby – Your neurons will be happy to get connected.
- Watch funny movies – Your cells will be jumping up and down with glee.
- Exchange that a cup of coffee or tea for a glass of water – Your liver will be as happy as Larry
- Take a stroll in nature without your mobile phone with only your thoughts to keep you company – Your mind will be full of love and gratitude.
- Book an Osteopathic treatment (well it would be rude not to mention it🙂) – Your muscles and joints will be overcome with a feeling of peace, relaxation and liberation as you accept your physical body and commit to investing in its wellbeing.
Show love to yourself not just to the one that buys you flowers… Remember YOU are worth it!