We are taking every measure possible to keep the clinic and our patients safe. In order to reinforce this objective, we have been closely observing UK government advice of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) and the latest advice from Public Health England.
We have put in place stringent cleaning and hygiene protocols and are practicing maximum infection control procedures recommended by The World Health Organisation (WHO) and Public Health England regarding hand washing and any physical contact.
We are currently implementing the following:-
A thermometer will be available for assurance if patients ask to provide evidence that we have no temperature. We would also request that patients take their temperature prior to their appointment. If patients do not have access to a thermometer we are happy to take their temperature prior to being treaed.
1. Wipeable pillow covers on plinth.
2. We will not longer be using towels to cover patients during their appointments or couch covers (covered with couch roll only) this will allow us to wipe down the surface after each patient and reduce the impact on the environment due to the increased washing and drying load. You are welcome to bring in your own towel and couch covering if you so wish.
3. Wiping down surfaces after each patient – door, sink and toilet handles, pillows, chair arm rests for example.
4. We are asking patients to wash their hands upon arrival of their appointments. Alcohol hand gel will be available for patients – though be mindful they only kill bacteria, so patients will still have to wash with soap and hot water!
5. Individual paper and/or hand towels will be available for patients to dry hands within the bathroom – hand towels will be laundered after single use.
We are still open and fulfilling all our current appointments. This will remain the case unless notified by the government or we are made aware of any increased risk. New patient we ask to call and speak to Wini Thomas on 07490 686 183 to access clinical acute cases.
In the meantime, we ask the following of all our patients:
- If you have a persistant cough, sore throat or have flu-like symptoms or a fever please do not come to the clinic.
- If you have been in contact with anyone with the above, that has been confirmed to have COVID-19 or you suspect have it, please do not come to the clinic.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started visit the 111 online site for more information.
- If you have travelled aboard recently we will be asking patients to book appointments two weeks after their return. Please inform your practitioner prior to your appointment, even if you are asymptomatic, and use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
If you need to cancel as a result of this, we will waive any cancellation fee and organise another appointment for you when you are no longer at risk of passing on infection.
We will update you on any information we are given as soon as we have any.
In good health,